- 1 cup canned chick peas, drained
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and halved (or cut into thirds if really long)
- 1 cob of corn
- 1 cup celery, shaved on a mandolin
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup aged white cheddar, crumbled
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- freshly ground black pepper (from a pepper mill)
Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Prepare an ice bath by filling a medium bowl halfway with ice and then add water to two inches from rim. Once water is boiling, add green beans and cook for one minute. Using a strainer (a stainless steel mesh spider like this works best), or tongs, remove green beans from water and plunge into ice bath. Place corn in boiling water and cook for two minutes. Remove corn from water and plunge into ice bath. Drain corn and green beans and pat dry with paper towel.
Cut corn off the cob and place in large bowl. Cut green beans into one centimeter long pieces and add to bowl. Add red onion, celery, chick peas, tomatoes, cheese, and marcona almonds to bowl. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together dijon mustard, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while continuously whisking dressing.
Add 5 tbsp of dressing, salt, and a few cranks of black pepper to salad, and toss thoroughly. Add additional dressing if desired.