- 1 cup of chickpeas (canned is fine), drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups of kale (green or lacinato), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- black pepper, from peppermill (to taste)
- A 2 oz hunk of Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 2 oz of soppressata
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay sopressata in a single layer on a parchment paper covered half sheet pan (18×13). Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from oven and flip each piece of sopressata. Return pan to oven for another 6 minutes. Remove crisps from pan immediately and place on paper towel lined plate. Try not to eat them while making salad.
In a medium bowl, toss kale and chick peas with olive oil and vinegar. Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper. Garnish with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and soppresata crisps.