- 4 blood oranges
- 1 bulb fennel, shaved on a mandolin
- 1 cup shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup celery, shaved on mandolin
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar (if using unseasoned, whisk 2 tsp honey into rice wine vinegar before adding)
- Kosher Salt
- black pepper
- Walnut Dukkah (recipe below)
Slice off the top (stem side) and bottom of oranges to expose flesh. With either exposed end on cutting board, slice off rind, with knife perpendicular to cutting board. Slice oranges horizontally to create circular slices. Place orange slices in a medium bowl and add fennel, celery, brussels sprouts, oil, and vinegar. Season to taste with Kosher salt and black pepper. Sprinkle salad with walnut dukkah.
- 2 tbsp Za’atar seasoning (make sure yours lists sesame seeds and coriander in the ingredient list. I like Pereg Natural brand)
- 6 tbsp toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.