Asparagus, Snap Pea, and Quinoa SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed
2 cups snap peas
4 small endives
4 cups cooked quinoa, cold
1/2 cup goat cheese
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 1/2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
the juice of 2 small lemons (about 1/3 cup)
1 tbsp shallot, finely diced
2/3 cups extra virgin olive oil
freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring 4 qts water and 2 tbsp Kosher salt to a boil in a large pot. Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl halfway with ice, then add enough water so bowl is 2/3 full of ice water (this is called an ice bath). Add snap peas to boiling water and cook for about 45 seconds. Using a strainer (I use this one called a spider strainer), remove snap peas from water and plunge into ice bath (don’t dump water because you are going to use it to cook asparagus.) Cook asparagus the same way you did snap peas, adding asparagus to the same ice bath as the snap peas when it is done cooking.
- Drain snap peas and asparagus and pat dry gently with a paper towel.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together honey, mustard, shallot, and lemon juice. Slowly drizzle in olive oil and season with Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place quinoa in a large bowl. Slice asparagus into coins, then add to bowl with quinoa. Slice endives thinly and add to bowl. Julienne snap peas and add to bowl. Crumble goat cheese into bowl and gently toss. Add your desired amount of salad dressing and toss. Season with Kosher salt and pepper and garnish with sunflower seeds.
- I am an independent blogger and product reviews I share are based on my own opinions. Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and when used to make a purchase I may earn a commission. I link to these products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases.