- 2 cups ROLLED oats
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp milk (any kind, dairy or plant based will work)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tbsp melted butter, coconut oil, grapeseed or other neutral oil)
- 1/3-1/2 cup maple syrup or any sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce OR Greek Yogurt OR mashed banana (usually I throw in the whole banana- totally works)
- 1 1/2 cups fruit, fresh or frozen (raspberries, blueberries, or chopped apple are my fave)
Preheat oven to 350 and move oven rack to lower middle. Using 1 tbsp of butter/oil, grease an 8 x 8 Pyrex dish (I use a paper towel to do this). In a large bowl, mix oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Combine milk, eggs (lightly beaten), maple syrup, vanilla, applesauce (or alternative), and melted butter/oil in a separate bowl (I actually use a 4 cup liquid measuring cup), then add to oats. Mix to combine. Add fruit and mix to combine. Pour mixture into pan and bake for 35-45 min. 35 min will give you a softer texture (think bread pudding), and 45 min will give you firm, portable slices. Cool for 10 min in pan before cutting.
Also, these reheat like a dream. You can reheat the whole thing by baking at 350 for 10 minutes, or reheat individual pieces wrapped in tin foil or unwrapped on a sheet pan.