(Serves 2 heartily, or 4 as a side)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked small shaped pasta (regular or gluten free, I used shells), room temperature
- 1 cup English peas, blanched (instructions in recipe)
- 1 cup baby zucchini, shaved thinly on mandoline
- 2 endives, washed and dried, leaves pulled off the core
- 1/3 cup Castelvetrano olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, washed and dried
- the zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 oz burrata cheese
- Kosher salt
- black pepper, from peppermill
To blanch peas: add a large pinch of salt to 2 quarts water and bring to a boil. Set up a medium bowl filled 2/3 of the way with ice, and fill with water to one inch from the rim of the bowl. Once water is boiling, add peas and cook for about 45 seconds, or until peas turn bright green. Using a strainer, remove peas from water and immediately drop peas into ice water. Once peas are cold, drain ice water off peas and dab peas gently with a paper towel to remove some of the moisture.
Make dressing by putting basil, 3 tbsp olive oil, and lemon juice in blender (or use immersion blender and safe carafe). Blend until just combined, then keep blending while drizzling in remaining olive oil. Stir in half of lemon zest and season dressing with Kosher salt and black pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, toss pasta, peas, zucchini, endive, and olives to combine. Add dressing and remaining lemon zest and toss to combine. Season with additional Kosher salt and black pepper, if desired . Plate salad and top with burrata.