Ginger Turmeric OatsCourse: Breakfast
2/3 cup steel cut oats
1/2 inch piece of ginger root, peeled
1/2 inch piece of turmeric root, peeled
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
black pepper (from grinder)
2-3 tbsp hemp seeds
pinch of salt
- Add a small pinch of salt to 3 cups water and bring to a boil in a small saucepan. Add oats and stir. Reduce burner to low heat.
- Using a microplane grater, grate appx. 1 tsp each ginger and turmeric, and stir into oats.
- Simmer oats until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Once oats have thickened, add a few cranks of black pepper and cinnamon, then stir to incorporate.
- Divide oats between two bowls and top with hemp seeds and maple syrup.